Monday, December 29, 2008

a new favorite

I went to Mistletoe Marketplace this year in desperate search of a fourth Christmas stocking, to match the three I bought last year for Josh, Jax, and myself. I drug Josh along with me, because we were only going to be there "a few minutes" because I was only looking for the stockings.... well, unfortunately, I didn't find the stocking and I was so disappointed that I would not have a matching set for our growing family this Christmas. However, I did pick up a couple books for Jax and Baby Sister. I have to say, these two books are wonderful. I just had to share them on here. If you ever run across one, pick one up for your kids!
"How Christmas Began" by Claire Boudreaux Bateman is a story that relates the story of Jesus' birth and the legend of Santa Claus. It is truly a neat book with a great story that does not ignore the real meaning of Christmas, like many other books and movies do. This book is about two boys who are friends. Their names are Jesus and Santa, and boy, do they know how to throw an awesome birthday party!
The same author wrote a book called "This Little Light of Mine". It is so sweet; a story about how God creates each one of us in Heaven, and before he sends us to Earth, he instills his Light within us. This one will bring a pregnant woman to tears - I know from experience. ha.

Check out these books if you ever get a chance. They're children's books, but they are just as wonderful for adults.

1 comments:

Susann said...

I'm so glad you posted this!!! I have heard about those books before (you may have even been the one who told me about them) and I wanted to buy them, but had forgot all about it. So yay...now I'm reminded and I need to get 'em!