Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolution: figure out bows

I always dreamed of having a little girl one day.
got that

I always dreamed she would have lots of hair.
got that

I always dreamed about fixing her hair - putting bows in her hair, and dressing her up real cute.
there's the problem.

I can't do bows.
Don't get me wrong. I WANT to do bows. But I can't.
I just can't do it.

What's so hard about putting bows in? I don't know. I can't figure it out. It looks so easy - when other people do it. But I can't seem to get it right, and I have really really tried.

So I have my sweet little girl, and she does indeed have plenty of hair, but she remains bowless almost all the time, because her Mama just can't get it right. Ugh. I guess there wasn't a course in Bow Accessorizing when I was in college. So, I'm destined to Bow Rehab, I suppose.
Hi, I'm Neisha. And I can't do bows.
here's photos of my best attempts to prove that I'm bow-challenged. Go ahead and laugh... I hope your boy gets you with his pistol the next date you have at the changing table.





on the way to her first Doctor's appt. (1 week old). Would you believe the nurse made me take her bow off (and her bracelet) BEFORE she weighed her? Does it look THAT heavy???







My Dad isn't too sure about the bow, either.





On the way to see Santa...

and, this bow malfunction was discovered when I opened the door to get her out!:



Christmas Eve. not too bad... ??
Mama? What's up with this???
Too BIG!
Too little, and really crooked!
UGH!! I give up!












6 comments:

Susann said...

Ok...You have absolutely lost your mind!!! LOL!!!

I think you're doing just fine with the bows. Personally I think the bigger the better! I love the 2 pictures with the big bows on the headbands. Those things are the best! Of course, I'm only speaking from the experience of having 4 nieces...not a GIRL of my own!

And as for the headband malfunction...Caroline looked like that MANY TIMES! But it's still so sweet!

Angela said...

I agree with Susann. You're crazy. There is no wrong way to do bows. And I think the bigger the better too! (Obviously, ha) She is precious.

Anonymous said...

I think the bigger the bow the better but REGARDLESS a girl needs a bow! This is an argument I have often with Quinn & Stephen! The headbands w/bows are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Neisha, you'll get it. It took me awhile too. I can make them with no problem but getting them to stay in Kelcie's hair is the challenge of every school morning. Joy looks so darling with them in her hair no matter what size!

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh! Don't worry, you will get the hang of it! Buy the headbands that you can clip the bow to; they work the best.

Anonymous said...

I love the bows, ha ha. You just wait if we have a little girl she better be bald. I have enough trouble trying to get my hair decent every day ha ha.