Thursday, February 26, 2009

Optimism

I love this; too good not to share:

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl,
One was an optimistic soul;
But the other took the gloomy view,
"We will drown," he cried, without more ado.
So with a last despairing cry,
He flung up his legs and he said, "Good-bye."

Quoth the other frog with a merry grin,
"I can't get out, but I won't give in!
I'll just swim around till my strength is spent,
Then will I die the more content."

Bravely he swam till it would seem
His struggles began to churn the cream;
On the top of the butter at last he stopped,
And out of the bowl he happily hopped.
What's the moral? 'Tis easily found:
If you can't hop out, keep swimming 'round!

2 comments:

Robin Ann said...

I love this poem! IT is just the encouraging thing I needed tonight!

Jennifer said...

Love it!