Wednesday, February 18, 2009

for the love of Felder

Most of you know Felder. Or at least know of him by now.
Felder is my 4-year-old little buddy who was diagnosed with ALL (a type of leukemia) last August. He's a little trooper - he's been taking treatments like a big guy for a while now.
Several events are going to be happening very soon to help Felder and his family and also to honor the little fella.


This Saturday, February 21st, there is going to be a 5k run/walk in Jackson to benefit the Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital. Yours truly will be participating. Do I know what it will be like? no. Have I ever done this before? no. Am I in shape? uh, NO, I just had a baby so that magnifies the out-of-shapeness. Have I been training for it? goodness, NO - when? But, nevertheless, I will be there, with my tennis shoes on and some sort of comfortable clothing. Thank goodness this is not a dress-up affair, as I still can't wear my "dressy" clothes. ha. So, anyway, all the proceeds from this race will go towards the Children's Hospital. It's a wonderful place that has been so important to Felder and his family since his diagnosis. And many other kids, too. Even my nephew has been a patient there. So, any of you up for a run? or walk? or 5k drag????? If you are going to be in the area this weekend, come on out and do it! It will probably be worth it just to see me with my tongue hanging out. LOL. Sign up here: http://www.southgroup.net/ Or, contact me and I'll help you get it all lined up.



Ok, and now the second upcoming event: a benefit for Felder and his family will be held Saturday, Feb. 28th at Bogue Chitto School gymnasium. It's from 6pm - 10pm. This event includes lots of gospel music and a live auction of all sorts of cool items. Also, there will be a concession stand, games and fun for the kids, and a cake walk. It's going to be lots of fun for the whole family! If you're in the area, come on out and join in on the fun!

As the Feb. 28th event gets closer, we are still looking for volunteers to help provide some of the items for the concession stand, prizes for the games, cakes for the cake walk, and cool items for the auction. I know all my blog readers are so talented - so get busy making your cakes and crafts and convincing your bosses to give gift certificates or wares or whatever!! It's for a great cause.


To see pictures of Felder and to keep up with his progress, click on his site to the left on my blog page, or go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/feldersartin Meanwhile, make plans to support and attend the benefit. It would mean a lot to the Sartins and you could win some pretty cool stuff too!!
Let me know if you need more info!!

0 comments: